+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a chance for us?

Is there a chance for us?

So my wife and I have been married for over 10 years...together a bit longer. Until a few weeks ago I sincerely and honestly thought I had one of those marriages one only reads about...close to perfect but not quite! LOL Then a bombshell...."I love you but I am not sure I want to be with you anymore". Literally out of the blue, I was soooo blind-sided. So has most of our family or friends that know about it.

Of course now that we are talking I am seeing, really seeing, the issues that were there but not discussed, the misunderstandings and assumptions we both made. I have so far chalked it up to just serious lack of real communications. However recently she has stated that she has just been thinking lately and is wondering if the life we have, the life she is living, is the one she wants. As she put it, perhaps she is at a stage in her life that may no longer include me.

How does one fight back against that? I mean she says that there is no other man involved, which is good, but at least I would have something concrete to fight against. Instead I have this "feeling" I am fighting...and she is not the most open or communicative person in the first place.

I spent the first two weeks an emotional wreck...crying, playing the "poor poor pitiful me" game. She say she just needs time and that I should be strong, and I am trying....but not being at home, not really having her open up, it is difficult. She does say she loves me, and that she wants it to work, so I have hope...but I am still so lost and confused.

This woman is the love of my life, my soul mate, my best friend....and the one that I want to have children with. We have not gone to marriage counseling yet, but instead trying to talk things out. My fear is that the more we have talked, the further away she has gone. I have talked to friends and family and they have tried to be there for me...but I am seeking some outside help. Is there hope for us or am I destined to lose the one, best thing in my life?

there is hope. show her ur strong and can deal with giving her time. Im sure she will come back if you really try to let her have her space . dont be needy when she is being shady...she will just lose respect and maybe love for you. Show her you are the independent strong man she originally fell in love with.

Thanks ginastar. That is exactly what I am doing right now...though I admit it is tough.