+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An explanation of 'I don't know what I want'?

An explanation of 'I don't know what I want'?

Ladies,

What does 'I don't know what I want' mean? What are you feeling, what's going through your head, what's happening in your life when you've used this as an excuse or explanation? Assume it's meant to be sincere and not another way of saying 'it's not you, it's me' (unless it always means that).

To me it seems like an emotional and physical dichotomy: enjoying the attention and desire of someone but not necessarily because it's from a particular person--it could have come from anyone. The person's torn because they don't want to give up the feeling-good bits you're providing them with, but at the same time they've become aware that the spell of the newness and intrigue's been broken.

In other words, if a woman says this should a man always run and never look back? Or are there situations or circumstances when time and space are needed to sort things out?

If you tell him this, what do you would you like to happen? What do you expect to happen?
    Last edited by JELEF; 06-11-10 at 03:04 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Every single time I said that it meant I like you but not enough, but you'll do for now until something better comes along.

Pretty much I know what I want, but it isn't you... but you're good enough... for now.

Generally when I say that it means my head and heart are conflicting over something. I really want something, but I know it's stupid to pursue it--or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Every single time I said that it meant I like you but not enough, but you'll do for now until something better comes along.

Pretty much I know what I want, but it isn't you... but you're good enough... for now.
    ^This.......

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by JELEF View Post
    If you tell him this, what do you would you like to happen? What do you expect to happen?
    I didn't answer this part...

I'd expect to still get laid and get all affection and attention while I fake "sorted myself out". Then when someone else comes along I would say, sorry- I really just don't have time for a relationship... (with you, but for HIM, I do!)

Basically it's an attempt a stupid one... to hold onto something while waiting for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'd expect to still get laid and get all affection and attention while I fake "sorted myself out". Then when someone else comes along I would say, sorry- I really just don't have time for a relationship... (with you, but for HIM, I do!)

Basically it's an attempt a stupid one... to hold onto something while waiting for something else.
    In other words, if he's ok with being used, you'll use him? Not being critical of you, just summarizing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even if he's not okay with being used yes, basically. Though I would have certainly justified it in a much more creative way.