+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question About Shyness

Question About Shyness

Hi all this forum is new to me but I would like some advice regarding shyness. My gf who is 30, is very shy mainly because of her weight and how she was treated in her past relationship by being put down with name calling. She's about 200lbs but I must say looks good, we have been together for 2 years, our sex life is good but when it comes to being nude shes afraid of that. She would like to shower with me but of course you have to be nude to do that but it holds her back. My question is this and she likes the idea of it, do you think that having her blindfold me during sex or even showering together will help her build up her confidence and self esteem until she gets to the point where the blindfold wont need to be used. I tell her all the time that shes very pretty and theres nothing wrong with her and again this is due to her past relationship. Any advice will be surely appreciated.

Thank You

Er ain't she already naked when you "Boink" -.-"
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

i have known girls like this. they either usually demand to keep their shirts on during sex on have the lights off. it's s unfortunate that your gf had an asshole bf that said and did all kinds of mean things to her. i know it can kill you self esteem. but the bigger problem is she stayed with him long enough for him to effect her like that. something tells me she didn't have all that much self esteem going into that relationship then too. his being an asshole probably just made it worse. i look at it this way. i have alot of self esteem, not a huge ego or anything, but i am totally confident in myself. i would have never stayed in a relationship where my bf was belittling me and making me feel bad or insecure about myself. i think most people that have a healthy esteem level would agree. usually there is something gone from someones confidence that allows then to stay with that person, who then further knocks them down. the only thing you can do is to continue what you have been doing. keep telling her how good you think she looks and such. don't just say it to say it though. you have to mean it or she is going to be able to tell, and it's not going to boost her confidence. but just keep reinforcing that you think she is sexy and i think eventually she will come out of her shell. GOOD LUCK!