+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I blame myself

I blame myself

as I posted earlier... I cant stop blaming myself for my partner walking away...I feel had I have done things differently he would be with me now..I never meant to worry about things and doubt him but I feel that's what I did...He never talked about our future as if he really meant it and at lass he told me in the end he felt pressured by me and his feelings had changed. I was to scared to give up my job and move abroad without a commitment off him and it always feel that he wanted to keep his options open in case he wanted to move on. I was with him over two years so i could never understand why he wanted to do all these things yet never want to plan for our future. I think I am going to spend my life messing relationships up and I don't feel worthy of love...I know deep down I'm never going to see him again and it hurts so much....how can i ever get over this ..... I'm beside myself with pain...How will I ever trust again???? I want a chance to put things right with him but he wont give me that chance....
    please help....I just don't know what to do

Its not youre fault give it a few weeks to let your emotions settle down and not cloud youre judgement then evaluate the situation again with a better judgement dont chase them or pester them for their time cause you will just enforce the belief that they have made the right choice

Say goodbye to this relationship and put it down to a learning experience. You will spend your life messing up relationships if that is the view you choose to take. Be mindful of your actions in relationships. Using your last relationship think about how you can approach things differently the next time you meet a potential life partner. And don't blame yourself for this, he said he was feeling pressured but he also said his feelings had changed. You don't have control over the latter but you can learn from the former.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!