+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Work dating/issues

Work dating/issues

I have two issues at work, and would like a female perspective on them.

First issue - there is a woman at work who has been there for just over two years. I joined there in early 2009, she joined in around spring 2009. However, I have a monumental crush on her, I don't know why. I think it's because she is my type, in most areas (looks and character wise). the thing is I would really like to date her, and I sometimes kind of subconsciously will myself to attract her. I know people say "don't poop where you eat", which is sound advice. However, I would give my left arm to date her, so I don't know how to go about it Is it wrong to think this, or should I just let it go?

Second issue - I work in the IT Dept, as a systems analyst. The manager of the Buying Centre always stops in the corridor when she sees me, and makes small talk. She often jokes she sees me in the mall, as I go there a lot on weekends. I want to know what her intentions are. Does she like me? Is she just being friendly? Sometimes I also go into her office, as our department and her department share tasks from time to time. She jokes that I should bring her cookies as a present. How do I know what her intentions are?

Bring her cookies and find out?
    About work... If it is a one-time opportunity then think about it. If its not, I don't really think you have a lot to think about it. You can always get another job, if you really screw it up
    Just flirt with her, maybe go for a drink... I think you are complicating where you don't have to. People work for survival, but doing the smart thing and hurting yourself, like you are doing, isn't smart.
    You should try to adopt to a situation. I think she likes you too. But if you don't take any risks in life, you won't grow. Sometimes do the stupid thing, so you can get smarter

I know you asked for a female perspective...but you said you would give your left arm for that... and getting a new job is a lot easier than getting a new arm.

Okay, I may have misread that ~ are the two questions about two different women or the same girl?
    If two different women, are they friends?

they are two different women.