+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Clarity please

Clarity please

Ok the guy i've been seeing lately (my ex from way back), we had been texting, talking, and seeing each other.
    Until the other nite when i left the club because he seemed pre-occupied with his phone. I asked him who it was, he told me it was some girl from work. He was obviously trying to get me to leave to be with her, so i asked him if i should just go, he said i could do what i want if im not having a good time...needless to say at that point i wasnt. Text him on my way home saying i felt like i was gonna puke because of the way he acted and we had already slept togther twice. So he says he was sorry," didnt want to hurt me". I figured that was it because most men will at least wait until the date is over before trying to be with someone else, then i had to visualize him being with another girl right after me.

Sorry so long, but the next day i get 2 texts saying "sorry again bout last nite", do you wanna hang out and go shopping with me"?????

My first inclination was to tell him where to put it, but i wanted to see what conspired. Anyways i went with him, played cool and we had a decent time. He didnt bring it up and neither did i except to say he met with a friend after i left. So the fact is even though we're not in a relationship, we were seeing where things were going i thought, and i have no idea what to think or where we stand now.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He doesn't like you all that much. You shouldn't date him.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Maybe he is just not ready to be with one girl.. and thats ok, but he should let you know. Its not fair to be led on. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and ask him whats going on between you both. Trust me not knowing is MUCH worse than being played. I hope that helps. Good luck to you!

You said that you weren't in a relationship. And he is an ex-bf. That means you are not committed to each other. And being at a club with him, unless it was specifically announced as a "date" was probably seen as something pretty casual to him.

You very well might be seeing where things go between the two of you, but that might mean something different for you than it does for him.

It sounds like the idea of how to go slowly is different for the two of you. You need to understand where the other one is coming from. That means open and honest communication. Given that he is an ex, it is going to just make it that much harder.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!