+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I keep thinking about him. What do I do about it?

I keep thinking about him. What do I do about it?

Thanks to everyone who answered!
    Last edited by Luti-Kriss; 30-01-12 at 06:57 PM.

It seems you are having an emotional affair with a stranger. Youre at a crossroads: either you stay with the guy who has a crush on you (im assuming youre in some sort relationship) or you roll the dice with the stranger.

It just comes down to how comfortable you feel. If i was in your shoes, why roll the dice? By youre own admission, you dont know him.

Roll the dice girl! You're young!

Well the guy that has a crush on me is my ex. We hang out sometimes. I just didn't wanna make a move on some other guy right in front of him though you know? I think it would have hurt him cuz I'm pretty sure he still cares for me in that way. I still do a bit too but I know if we got back together it wouldn't work. So we're not getting back together.

You need to think of you first. It sucks but his feelings( especially an ex) come second to yours.

You're probably right. I know I should come before him. But he's still a loyal friend who's feelings I need to consider. I can't just walk all over him. I refuse to do that.

Anyways. Well, if I were to go in, I'm kinda freaking out on what I could make happen. He's going to be working if I go in while he's there. He really doesn't have the time to talk. I would know, I work in the same kind of crappy industry where you're ALWAYS busy. Just taking a few seconds out of that time could be crucial.

The only idea I have is taking it slowly. Go in a few times a month and make small talk. I just have no idea what I could say to strike up a small conversation. Any ideas anyone?

How about I want to see your penis

You're probably right. I know I should come before him. But he's still a loyal friend who's feelings I need to consider. I can't just walk all over him. I refuse to do that.
    Sorry....missed the part where you said you kno0w where the guy works. Yeah....dont do it in front of the other guy if it can be avoided.

Regardless, you still can't deny yourself something just because an ex BF might get upset and jealous. He's a friend right? Then for him to be jealous over this makes him way out of line. Yes, consider other people in your decisions but this is not one of those cases.

The only idea I have is taking it slowly. Go in a few times a month and make small talk. I just have no idea what I could say to strike up a small conversation.
    Sounds like a pefect plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    How about I want to see your penis
    If a girl said that to me in a playful way Id instantly fall in love with her and her humor

i experienced something similar last year
    on the first day of school ( a year in which i had to take the train) i immediatly saw this girl sitting by the window
    i told my 2 friends on the train she looked ok and after a while we knew her name and what she was studying
    1 of those friends even made me sit down in front of her to tease me (but i also think it was for her to notice me ^^)

anyway, after some time, i found out that another friend knew her too
    it was a friend which he had since they were babies

after a year had passed she suddenly stood at my doorstep together with him (i invited him over)
    so we started to talk...
    1 month later i desperately fell in love with her and this till valanetines day
    i wrote her a letter with a poem and something romantic attached to it
    a day later she texted me she still had feelings for another guy (also a friend of mine but they had something a year before that and she's still not over it)
    after that, i almost haven't heard a thing of her
    today it's been almost 6 weeks since she last spoke to me, and it's been almost 3 weeks since i last saw her (yes even if she sees me she doesn't say hello)
    small detail: she took advantage of me loving her in a way i can't forgive her

so i'm trying to say 3 things here:
    -not everything that looks yumm is yumm
    -it's a small world so maybe you start talking eventually
    -it's a risk, a HUGE risk if you're involved with others (look at what happened to me)

if i were you (and from my experience) i'd leave it about now
    it might become a great thing you 2 together, but it can be devestating too

Quote Originally Posted by Drumzzz View Post
    -not everything that looks yumm is yumm
    Oh trust me, I know. After me and my ex broke up I immediately went for this guy who I thought was hot at my work. I thought he'd be amazing cuz he was really nice to me and talked to me and actually had something to say. But turns out he's a low life loser, he's practically homeless, controlling, and sucks in bed. So much so that he gave me an infection down there and I thought I had an STD for the longest time x_X

how about slapping him for that one

Haha. I was about to do just that xD

But anyways. Does anyone have any conversation topic ideas? I don't wanna just talk about the weather or ask him how his day is going. People in the food industry talk about those two things like 50 times a day. I wanna make the conversation actually interesting. What should I say?