+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there something wrong with my girlfriend

Is there something wrong with my girlfriend

So I've being going out with this girl for about 2 years and she is quite a nice person. My parents absolutely love her, because she is very respectful towards them and doesn't come over to our place if my parents are not at home. but what I find strange is that she has never has lost her temper or had a fight with me for 2 years. She is always in a good mood and a very chirpy character. she said she doesn't to get physical until she gets married and I'm quite OK with that, because I like her either way. to add to all this she is not demanding at all, ive never felt pressured to have to buy her expensive presents for her birthday and she always warns me ahead saying "a card would be more than enough". I love all this about her, but it makes me question if someone can be like this as in this good natured? I've knew her for about a year even before we started dating and she was still the same person, but I still wonder if it is possible for someone to be this good natured ?

Oh she is just a big phony, you should definitely break up with her. After that, can I have her number? lol Ok, actually there are people like that. They are rare these days and you can consider yourself very lucky to have one that falls for you. One of my friend married a girl like that. I consider him one of the luckiest guy.

Jeez there is definitely something wrong in our society when we are suspicious of nice, genuine, caring people..
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Jeez there is definitely something wrong in our society when we are suspicious of nice, genuine, caring people..
    That completely different then the girl he is describing. The way he describes, she sounds like a robot. You never argue....thats just plain unhealthy (not to mention bizarre and boring) in a relationship

thats just plain unhealthy (not to mention bizarre and boring) in a relationship

Ha ha I agree. I would hate to miss out on angry make-up sex..
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    That completely different then the girl he is describing. The way he describes, she sounds like a robot. You never argue....thats just plain unhealthy (not to mention bizarre and boring) in a relationship
    Oh well, she does argue on points of view! what I meant was so far we haven't had fight/argument about our relationship.

Thanks for the help - all of you!

So you guys have been 'going out' for two years and you've not had sex? Are you both crazy?

Why do you ask this question, why do you worry that she is not the person that she has shown she is for the past 2-3 years? I'd say it's quite possible for "someone to be that good natured." It's hardly unlikely that she could act for that length of time without some other side of her emerging.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    So you guys have been 'going out' for two years and you've not had sex? Are you both crazy?
    Well you see mate, she doesn't want to have sex until she gets married and if she feels like that I see no reason to pressure her.
    I tried talking to her about it, but she comes from quite a strong catholic background. Hugging/ Kissing is the closest you can get with her. So I don't want to pressurise her because I like her regardless.