+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wishful Thinking?

Wishful Thinking?

There is this guy I've been seeing off and on for awhile. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I think I need to stop seeing this guy for the following reasons: 1) He's 28 and still lives at home; 2) he's never had a serious relationship; 3) he's a tad on the lazy side and on the weekends his main goal is to play beer pong. When we first met he told me he was going to be moving out in 6 months, but that hasn't happened. He's very smart and has so much potential, but at 28, is it safe to assume he's probably not going to change?

He's super fun to be around, but with never having had a serious relationship or a girlfriend that last longer than 2-3 months, I guess I just need to know if I am wasting my time.

have you ever been OUT with him...as in out his house in a social atmosphere...is so, is he social with other people or just you? Maybe he has some sort of social disorder that prevents him wanting to go out and sort things out...I'm currently at my mums but I'm only 22 and I also get told I'm smart but I was unemployed for 2 years and didn't really do much. Yay for AvPD (I think it's what I have). (Wiki this if you so wish) I only opened up and "shined" for specific people and never looked for relationships this could happen without him realising

If he doesn't have some sort of disorder then he seems like a waste of space with no ambition.
    Memories are nice...but that's all they are...

tremolo Guest
    Is there some reason he's living with his parents now? I'm 29 and living at home, but only until I finish my PhD thesis, since I don't have time to work while I complete it, and I can't afford my own place if I'm not working. If there isn't what I would consider a 'good' reason for him living at home, then I would be worried.