+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is he thinking?

What is he thinking?

Hi,

I have been meeting up with an old school friend a lot recently and I was beginning to think he likes me- he sometimes asks if I want to meet up for lunch, texts me most days just to ask what I am up to etc. Last night we were at a party and as we got a bit tipsy we started to get a bit flirty, but then after that, when he started to get really drunk he didn't talk to me that much (was mostly talking to a male friend). So that was all fine, but as the party was dying down there was just a few of us sitting outside on the floor. One of my female friends got a blanket and started cuddling up to him a bit. He then said he was cold and cuddled up to her even more. The weird thing is this girl is in a long term relationship and as they were cuddled up they were discussing how inappropriate it was that this other guy at the party was trying to chat her up when everyone knows she has a bf.

This male friend stayed the night at mine (I had a free house so was able to offer him a bed to sleep in). In the morning we started talking and I got into bed with him (just to chat), we talked for a few hours and he cuddled me a bit- he didn't try anything else, possibly because I came out of a long term relationship about 4 weeks ago so he might not be sure if I'm ready for another relationship.

This guy is really nice and definitely is not the type to sleep around or try and steal someones girlfriend, so I guess I'm confused as to why he was cuddled up with that girl who already has a bf. Could it just be because they were both drunk? Or he was just cold? Or do you think he likes her? Or does it sound like he is just trying his luck with a couple of girls to see what happens- i should point out that he is 24 and has only been intimate with 2 girls, both of which he was in long term relationships with. Hes been single for about 10 months and hasnt been with anyone that whole time, so it would really surprise me if he is doing this. By the morning when we wete chatting in bed we were sober so I guess he likes me, fair assumption? but after last night I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. Can any guys shed some light onto what he might be thinking.

I'll do my best to answer you. This guys you speak of has absolutely no feelings for this girl he cuddled up with. Trust me on this one. When guys get drunk they tend to flirt with about anything. I had a friend trying to flirt with a lamp.... True story. Sure he cuddled up with her and they talked but nothing else happened. He wasn't in the right state of mind. Now when he stayed the night at your house and woke up sober ( possibly a little hung over) he was in the right state of mind. You guys then just chatted it up for quite a while. This is how the "spark of attraction" truly starts. When your talking with someone, you are able to really connect with them. To understand how they view the world as opposed to you. If you felt a spark then by all means, go for it. If he rejects you then that fine. There are plenty of males out in the world and it just further proves that he was not the "one" for you. Good luck on your travels and I hope the best for you and him.

Little delights

He is currently unattached and he may subscribe to the philosophy that a nice guy can never have too many girl friends. You may have received mixed signals, but that only means you probably aren't soul mates; so you should be ok for anything less than that.