+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broke up, got lead on then destroyed me again

Broke up, got lead on then destroyed me again

My ex broke up with me about 3 weeks ago now maybe 4. At first there was no contact but she started messaging me. To cut a long story short she hinted at seeing eachother saying bringing my sat nav around to mine was an excuse to see me and that we should go to Nando's some time. Around this stage she was saying we were on a break. So I'm thinking yeah I'll give her time to sort her head out. Obviously thinking we were getting backtogether at some point. Today I've said look enoughs enough whats going on. She says she realised shes ok on my own and she doesnt want to be with me. What do I do now, I'm not going tobeg or try and get back with her but after being with her for 2 years then she just doenst want a relationshipanymore I'm a bit lost. Without sounding big headed I was a good boyfriend and I just feel so lost in think what happens in my life now. I loved having a girlfriend and the last 2 years of my life have been amazing, now what? Do I want to find someone else only for this to happen in 2 years. Help please

You my friend, do nothing. You cut contact and don't answer when she contacts you. This is over, and you need to make sure that you don't soften it for her by being there if she needs you.

They have Nando's in England?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    You my friend, do nothing. You cut contact and don't answer when she contacts you. This is over, and you need to make sure that you don't soften it for her by being there if she needs you.

They have Nando's in England?
    Totally agree.No contact is the way to go (even if she contacts you, you shouldn't respond. She'll probably give you the 'let's be friends' line but don't fall for it.She would just want to make herself feel better about leaving you).

Of course we have Nando's! :-)

And in Australia. Yum!!!
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

yes no contact is the way to go...i'm sorry she led you on like that, it was definitely toying with your emotions. this won't happen in every relationship, just take some time to yourself to heal and eventually you will find the right relationship.