+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused After Break Up

Confused After Break Up

Very recently broke up with my girlfriend. Fact is, she broke up with me. The hard thing about this is that the break up occured without a major fight or any yelling or screaming. I'm used to things ending badly where you want nothing to do with the other person. I'm not 100% why we broke up other than she wasn't feeling entirely "all in" with the relationship. I didn't try to convince her to stay together because it seems like its her choice. I assume she know's that I wanted to, right? I wanted to work on us. She make's me happy.

I am hurt and need to move on. But, it seem's like we could potentially fix things. We were great together at time's and I feel like that is the real us. I care so deeply for her and her happiness is very important. I dont know if I should hold out hope that we'll get back together. I don't know if I should delete her on facebook, take number out of my phone, make sure she can't message me on the internet. If it is over then I would have to do those things. Very confusing situation and it just sucks all around. Not sure what to do.

sounds similar to why my boyfriend broke up with me, wasn't "invested" in it. just assume it's over. it's just easier that way, and begin to move on. if it's supposed to work out between you two then it'll happen, but for now start by assuming it's over for good and start figuring out how to move on. in the end the reasons why she broke up with you aren't necessarily important, the fact is, she did, and it's probably best to just accept that and try to get over her.

you'll never know the reason.. just let it be.. I've been in your situation plenty of times.. whenever i try to find out it never ends good... let it go dude

Yupe I agree with that .... my gf just let me go because she wasnt happy anymore .... she said i made her happy and all but the connection was not there anymore ... i tried to understand what went wrong or what i could do but she said that we have changed and she has lost faith in us ..... I decided to move on ... it is hard because I care and love her a lot but I have to think for me now and give her her space and if she contacts me again we will see then but I agree with the rest .... accept and assume it is over that way you will be less miserable in the mean time .... trust the universe .... things always work out in the end ....

I definitely appreciate the feedback. I know I treated her like gold. I think the reason she gave me is a little ridiculous in that it's so vague. I feel like i need to cut off all communication. Part of me wants to hold out hope that we will get back together..hence not deleting her on fb or blocking im's. But, i feel like i can't move on unless everything is severed. That too is sad, i care so much for her yet I feel the need to abandon her.

This sounds like me and my ex. He broke up with me just over a month ago because he "thinks he didn't love me like he used to, but wasn't sure". We were together for 6 years so I found that to be a pretty weak reason. I thought that he would come to his senses and come running back to me. He hasn't. At first it made it so hard to move on, it didn't feel like he left me it just seemed like he went away on holiday or something. Even now I feel like he will change his mind sometime soon. If he does then he will be in for a shock because I've realized I'm better off without him and I've just started seeing someone else. My advice; move on. Don't hold out hope. Assume it's over, if she comes back then you can reassess the situation based on how you feel- you might not want her back. When we broke up I deleted my exs number from my phone, defriended him on fb ect. I don't need the constant reminders of him but at the same time I left it so he was able to contact me if he wanted- I didn't block his number/email address etc.

People may disagree with this but this is what I did, I let my ex know that the ball is in his court, if he wants to contact me then he knows where I am- if i complelety blocked him from my life I would probably think "what if?" I told him not to leave it too long because one day I will have moved on. This day came a lot, lot sooner than I (and probably he) expected and now hes missed his chance. Don't make yourself completely uncontactable, but don't hold out hope either.