+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mistake? What do you think?

Mistake? What do you think?

Hello everyone. This is my first time asking anyone online about a relationship.

I just went through a breakup (her choice) last tuesday. It was very sudden and I think it was because we've both been stressed from our jobs and had been in bad moods a lot (this is just a guess though). Two days later she sends me an email saying she thinks she made a mistake. I wanted to see what all of you thought about the email, here it is:

"I know you don't want to hear from me but I do miss you. And I am sad. I hate that I hurt you. And every second I wonder if I made a mistake. Please don't hate me. And know how much I care about you.
    Thank you for everything. And for the shot glass. I wish you would have kept the shirts and the wine glass but I understand.
    I'm sorry."

I'll explain a couple things she mentioned. The saying i don't want to hear from her was more of a, it will be too awkward and hard for me to be friends, type of thing. The other about the shirts and wine glass, those were gifts she just gave me a couple of days before the breakup from one of her work trips, she'd always bring something back. I know it wasn't a good idea to give all of that back with her things. I guess I was just upset and angry.

What do you guys think? Do you think that the email hints she might still be interested and that it may have really been a mistake? I haven't talked to her about it because I felt we should have some space for a week or two. We had been dating for 9 months, which I know isn't a long time. I've had relationships that lasted years or just months, but this girl was the only one I could ever see getting married to. Now for her, I was her longest relationship. Normally I just move on, but she is definitely a keeper. I really appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thank you

I think that she is confused as to weather she had made the right choice. I would give her some time and space to think so she can see what life is like without you. My ex said similar things to me and told me too that she does not know whether ending the relationship is a good choice or not.

It's like they don't want to call off the relationship, but FEEL like they have too do to many factors. Feelings usually always outweigh logic, man or women.

So just give her some space let her see how she FEELS about living without you. In the meantime work on yourself-gym, reading, anything that can help improve ones self.

good luck!