+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need serious advice on my situation

need serious advice on my situation

ok this is my situation. my girlfriend is extremely mad because she thinks i like another girl. i told a girl "sorry i couldnt reply to your text earlier, my phone is broken. if ur asleep, goodnight sleep well with the angels, God bless you and may he always watch over you." there is a funny story behind the sleep with the angels thing. the girl is a live in nanny and she said the kids are monsters and i say they are angels. My girlfriend even read that text about me calling the kids angels. but she chose to think more of it. I live in Texas and the girl lives in New York. she is somebody i went to school with and worked with. nothing more than just a friend. but my girlfriend thinks we like each other more than friends. but i say she is just a friend. but she doesnt believe it. she says the girl is a whore. but she also said if it was another girl it would be different. before i met my girlfriend i was really close to another girl but it was also just a friendship.my girlfriend said if it were her, everything would be different. i dont understand that. i think she feels challenge by the girl in new york and not the girl who i was once close friends with who live here. she barely knows either of them. She has also accused me of liking one of her friends whom i barely even know. so i stopped talking to those girls to avoid the argument. but she still brings them up. and i tell her that "i am not fighting for their friendship, im fighting for your love". now on the other side, my girlfriend has a friend who is a guy. and they used to like each other or maybe still do. She tells him "i love you or I wuv you" everytime they talk. i ask her about it,she says its nothing more than a friendship. (note she has been telling him that before i ever texted the girl in new york.) also she allows him to post a picture on facebook of the two of them as his main profile picture and she deleted all of my pictures from facebook and my phone. also told me i couldnt do it. She also told me she dreamed of cheating on me with him. She told me she doesnt want me to hang out with any of my friends(guys or girls) because it makes her mad. And also she tells him she will transfer to any college he goes to. when tell her about these things, she gets more upset and tells me to stop bringing her friend into the argument.and this guy lives very close to me. Im with my girlfriend almost everyday.(except saturday and sunday because i work) i with her everyday from like 630 am to like 5pm. then i come home and study. and she still accuses me of things that are untrue. and now she says I am just a ******(she is not black) and everybody at my job is just whores and ******* and so are my friends, guys and girls.( nobody at my job is black but me, but she considers them as black because of their facial features)
    I have been truly faithful to this girl and honest. no matter what. i dont care if she doesnt like black people.(she is spanish) even though i am black i deal with it. i really dont have to deal with her racal slurs towards me and my people but i do because i love her. why would i deal with racism from her and cheat on her?
    no there is no jealousy from me. i began to bring all of that up about her male friend just to use as an example of how differently people talk to friends and how conclusions shouldnt be made so soon. even after she told me the dream she had i still didnt jump to any conclusion. she tells me sometimes he is superior to me in everyway, i tell her to prove it. i told her that anybody would get mad at the way u and ur male friend are but i dont because i trust her. i dont have any problem with their friendship at all. i dont have a problem with mixed gender friendship. she has other personal issues that i cant understand. she first broke up with me because i found out a friend of mine had Luekemia(i cant spell it) and that he was gonna die. that was disturbing for me and that was on my mind all day. so she saw that as me being selfish and ignoring her and putting her second. so she broke up with me. all this happened on my birthday. and he went to her friend and decided she was gonna give him a chance with her a few days later.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this sounds like it should be a episode of Maury, lol. Your girlfriend may be a bit of a bigot, and is very insecure. I think you need to ask yourself if you really want to deal with this kind of BS. Sounds like she did you a favor by breaking up with you, because eventually she would have destroyed your self esteem.

Your gf is a jealous nutcase. When you date one of those, things always end badly. Do you think you can upgrade to someone normal?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Lol @ the comment above.. Just.. Lol. Too funny. Yup she sure as hell sounds like a jealous freak. Also, she seems really selfish. Question is, what CAN be done? If I were you, I'd be happy once she's outta my life. My apologies for the bluntness.

Your girlfriend reminds me of myself. She craves your whole attention and wants you all for herself. She thinks that she's the most precious thing in your life and that you should never ever care about something else that may make you taking your focus away from her. Bad, bad, bad. You see I'm also learning from this now. Thanks for posting! I think the best way (the way that would work for me because I'm like your girlfriend), would be to shake her brains out by being very firm about her attitude being a totally turn off. Say straight forward but in a calm, sweet but firm way that you can't think of being in such a relationship in the far future, so she'd better behave. I promise that she will freak out and at least give it a try to change. But you have to go for it, otherwise she will turn on her stinking attitude again and dominate you. Good luck and thanks again, it makes me see how I'm perceived by my boyfriend.

If you see her coming back, run!

RUN LIKE THE WIND......this will NEVER turn into a situation where you are happy and fulfilled....i know....seen it too many times...EXACTLY like what you're talking about....