+ Follow This Topic

Thread: the curse of the pill

the curse of the pill

Any others found if their gf goes on the pill that sex life just drops dramatically?

Yup. Loss of libido is a fairly common side effect to the pill. Definitely makes it effective at preventing pregnancy, huh?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Lol, yep totally!

Those 7 days when they are off it, my ex's hornyness definitely increased.
    It also affected moods, weight etc.

My current partner has the coil fitted, no artificial hormones. I definitely prefer it!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I found that when I was on it - because it made me so damn sick, i didn't want to have sex. I've got an IUD - much MUCH better!

Is this because of the brand of the pill? Or the strength of the pill? Or is it more an issue of incompatibility with the some womans' chemistry?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Is this because of the brand of the pill? Or the strength of the pill? Or is it more an issue of incompatibility with the some womans' chemistry?
    I'd say it's a compatibility issue. I may end up giving TMI here but I have tried a variety of pills and had mood and libido issues on most. I was originally prescribed the pill for regularity issues and every pill has had the added bonus of increasing my bust. But bigger boobs aren't really a bonus if you don't want your partner touching them. :/ I also tried depoprovera (the shot) and that was a nightmare. I bled horribly for weeks on end. When I stopped bleeding, sex would start me bleeding again. That in itself killed my libido.
    Now I have the mirena implant. It's been only a couple of months so far but compared to what I expected it has been a dream. My libido is back (in dribs and drabs but that is a huge improvement) and the fact that it works by delivering hormones directly to my uterus AND is a blockage in the uterus gives me extra confidence in it's effectiveness. If I happen to fall pregnant it's likely to be eptopic and possibly screw me up horribly but that is a slim chance and I have no intention of having more kids so if I end up having bits removed it won't really worry me in the long term.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I noticed when i was on Tri Cyclen Lo, my sex drive completely disappeared, so my ex got a lot of oral from me, but when i got put on Linessa my sex drive came back. I think it really depends on the pill the women is on and what her body really needs, both of those pills are similar, but Linessa had more of what i needed in it to help me than Tri cyclen lo did.

I've been on Loestrin 24 fe for months now. My sex drive has not changed or decreased. It's been the same, which is fairly high.
    Although, the pill has made my boobs hurt at times or caused breakthrough bleeding which made me feel a bit less sexy or awkward but I'd still be willing and want to have sex with my boyfriend regardless.