+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I met a cool girl with a boyfriend that seems to like me. Help!

I met a cool girl with a boyfriend that seems to like me. Help!

I exchanged numbers with a few classmates to study for an exam. No one ended up showing up except for the girl. I'll try and make this as brief as possible so here I go. That night we barely got anything done and talked forever. Out of the 5 hours I was with her we talked for probably about 3 hours and she appeared to enjoy my presence. We even added each other on facebook and what not.

The next day I got together with her and another person from class. We got more done this time but still talked for a long time after the other person left. She ended up catching some cold and didn't look very good but still hung out to study until 5am (we were at IHOP). Because of her cold she even said she won't take the exam and asked me to talk to the professor about it.

The next day I took my exam and because of sleep deprivation I forgot to talk to the professor. She texted me that day and I told her about the situation but said I would help her study again (even though I was done). She was cool with it and we got together again for a couple of hours.

During the first day she mentioned she had a boyfriend but it was appropriate for the conversation and wasn't anything out of the blue like she is trying to blow me off. Yesterday (Friday) I texted her to see how she did on the exam and she said she did well. A few texts back and forth later I asked her what she'd doing that night. She said she's gonna go have a few drinks with some friends. Since she already had plans I told her that I'm headed downtown to some bar and to let me know if she's going that way. And she didn't reply.

Today (Saturday) I texted her to plan out to study on Sunday since we agreed to be study buddies. She replied she had to work till 9pm blah blah but said she could after that. She also asked how my Friday night was. I replied back that I had a few drinks and it wasn't anything spectacular. She texted back right away that she went to a "stupid house party" and that she's now at work thinking of all the homework she has to deal with. This was maybe an hour ago and I haven't replied back still....

I'm really confused. She seems like a really sweet girl that is interested in me, but at the same time has a boyfriend. Is she just friendly? What should I do? Should I ask her if she has any plans tonight, or keep it cool because of her relationship and text back that I'll see her tomorrow. I wanted to tell her tomorrow when we study that I'm interested in her and that if she ever breaks up with her boyfriend I would love to take her out. But I don't want to come out as awkward. Ughh! I hate it when this happens! I know I will go out tonight so should I see if she wants to join? I don't know anything about her current relationship. Maybe she's very happy, maybe she's not. But she seems interested in me and we laugh all the time! Please help!

Keep it cool, just be friends and maybe if her and her bf ever brake up then u can try to go for her.
    If she is willing to leave her bf for you how do u know she wouldn't do the same thing to u?

Just keep being friends is my opinion.