+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's Not Ready to Date; Friendship an Option?

She's Not Ready to Date; Friendship an Option?

I was dating a girl for a month and a half but it's officially over now. Our last date she expressed uncertainty after her recent breakup of 3 years and wasn't emotionally ready for sex (we'd only gotten into heavy petting/groping and slept in bed together). Last night I asked about doing something this week and she said she was really busy (her schedule has always been wide open). I asked her to be honest about our situation and she apologetically said she realized with me that she's not ready to date again, that she likes hanging out with me and thinks we'd work better as friends. I don't have any local friends (aside from housemates) and in the stir of the moment I asked about calling her later this week. She agreed to that but who knows if it'll work.

I feel very empty and disheartened. The last girl I dated ended it because of a similar situation. I don't know if I should try to maintain friendship or not, the heart wants to but the brain says maybe we should part ways. I still have some of her glassware/Tupperware and am thinking of bringing them to her and talking one last time, maybe tell her that I'm putting it in her hands if she ever wants to date me again but otherwise say my goodbyes and give a farewell hug. I know one last talk won't provide closure, it's just a heavy desire for me to get things out in person. It might be hard not to tear up though. I'm really picky with girls and I think a lot of her.

Ahem. Bump?

Don't be friends. Tell her she can come pick up her belongings whenever she wants.

She found something better or her ex has popped back into her life. Stay away from the friends zone...there is no way of getting out of that. She has just kicked you off her "Guys I would date" ladder and there is no way back on......may as well fall into the abyss.

Please read [url]http://laddertheory.com/[/url]

bump