First off, this is my first post and if you read this and follow it, you have a lot of patience and I appreciate the help.

I have known this girl for about 8 years, I'm 17 now, and I lived near her for 6 years. When I was about 12 she started to like me, but the stupid 12 year old AAnonymous didn't like her and we just became really close friends. She has a brother and our parents and my siblings have all become really close family friends.

When I was about 14 she was still making signs like she was interested in me, but I moved away. Now I live 5 hours away from here by car and my mom (who is divorced now) was going to move back until she started dating this guy who absolutely can't live anywhere else besides 7 hours away from this girl. My mom has only been dating him for less than a year but they seem to be hitting off really well. So there is a very very small chance that I will move back to her.

I've liked her for about 3 years and have been her best friend for 6 (she has liked me since before I liked girls +10), she has the "perfect" personality and looks. I want advice on how I should deal with this. I am sure that she still has feelings for me (we don't show them much..), but she will be taken fast since she has such an outgoing personality and is launching a successful acting career traveling and meeting a lot of people.

So distance and her being a family friend are getting in my way. Should I risk it and tell her how I feel? I would be willing to do the long-distance thing the city she lives in is perfect for my career so I would most likely be living there as an adult (I don't want to loose her though). I can't think of a more perfect person than her, same religion, life-long friend and not to mention freaking hot. I tell myself it wouldn't be awkward if I told her since, after all, she told me and that didn't make anything weird.

Thanks for reading it and please let me know what you would do in this crappy situation.