+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love my bestfriend but I don't know what to do.

I love my bestfriend but I don't know what to do.

Hello,

There is a girl in my class that I knew for almost a year now, at first I was a transfered student, and she was the first one in my class to help me, this is how we met. In fact I moved from France to Taiwan so my French is very good but my chinese is really bad of course and fortunately she was learning French therefore we helped each other, also we played basketball everyday after school and all these things made our friendship stronger. She was always there when I needed, like before I ran a 200m race she was there to encourage me and even when I had trouble because of my chinese, then one day I told her she became my best friend and she said that I am her best friend as well, that I am the best person she had ever met and that she doesn't think she will have the chance to meet someone like me again.

But few months ago I started to have feelings for her but I didn't want to admit it, I though it would break our friendship and kept reminding myself that she's just a friend but after a while I couldn't resist it anymore and finally admitted it. I then started to observe her and I realized that I was so stupid to find out just now that she is exactly the ideal girlfriend I was looking for for so many years.

Few weeks later I saw her update her status on facebook saying something really suspicious, something about being secretly in love and I was wondering if it is about me since she told me that I am the best person she had ever met.
    That's what her status said "Today I'm going to sleep a little more and I hope I can dream of you, Realize and I will get though it :))" then she posted it with a link to a song, Realize by Colbie Caillat, then I looked at the lyrics and I became even more suspicious of her action. And since, she appears in my dream EVERYtime I sleep for more than a month already, it is seriously beginning to hurt me.

And I don't feel like telling her at all, because during this year there was a total of 4 guys who liked her, 2 of them confessed to her but none of them were accepted, the 2 others still keep the secret but she knows it, that's what she told me. But all of them only like her because of her physical looking or that she's cute and seems like I'm the only one who like her for her personality. Even though I'm in good conditions, I'm am her best friend, I master French, she thinks I'm special but didn't tell me why, but still I'm not confident about it, what can I do ? Any idea ?

PS: I can't judge her feelings by observing her, she is a very good actress, she can hide any feelings very well.

Lyrics of the song :

"Take time to realize,
    That I am on your side
    Didn't I, Didn't I tell you.

But I can't spell it out for you,
    No it's never gonna be that simple
    No I cant spell it out for you

If you just realize what I just realized,
    Then we'd be perfect for each other
    And will never find another"
    Last edited by louis250994; 11-08-12 at 12:37 AM.

You'll regret not trying if you don't go for it. You should ask her out next time you see her.

Don't tell her you are in love with her....that will make everything awkward. You only express your feelings when you are in a progressing relationship. Just ask her out on a date, and make she she understands that it's a date and not just hanging out together. Make it a casual date, something fun, and grab for her hand and see if she wants to get close, look for a reaction. If she doesn't want to then you are just wasting your time....move on.

Thanks for your answers, I'll try it next time, I hope I ca make it, I'm actually very shy :/
    And I'm afraid it would break the friendship if she doesn't feel the same way.

go for it, bro.

since you are from taiwan, you should have watch the famous movie '那些年,我們一起追的女孩'
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

btw....hope you don't end up like this:

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/67477-You-got-quot-Friendzon-ed-quot-D
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I was rushing my assignments the day my parents asked me if I want to see it so I missed the opportunity, but I watched some parts on the internet afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    btw....hope you don't end up like this:
    So, this is what happens when we're too close to each other...
    Almost forgot about this x)

I was actually in a similar type of situation before and I decided to ask her out, she said she just wanted to be friends and that ended up being too much and now we barely ever talk. I don't regret it though, after all you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. So I say go for it and ask her out!