+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been rejected left, right and centre. What's acceptable?

Been rejected left, right and centre. What's acceptable?

Recently I did myself a big favour, I got out of my shyness cocoon and truly started to make attempts to hit on chicks. The result was as expected, the terrible R word starting to hit me and really starting to take a toll on my confidence. I know this has been discussed many times before and I apologise to everyone for making them answer the boring question over again but I am a new comer to the dating game and would appreciate very much any good advice. Now i just want to know how many girls you have to talk to before one doesn't reject you and you can develop things further from there?

How selective are you with the girls you've asked? Maybe you've been asking out people out of your league?

Also, realize that some people say 'no' because they're already in a relationship, not because they don't want to give you a chance.

Uhh? I'm confused, I'm in high school so obviously nobody is seriously in a relationship, and aren't you supposed to have the attitude to believe no girl is out of your league?

Richardrli i am in the boat you were in a while ago - the shyness cocoon! How do you go and tell someone your interested. What do you say, do, and how do you respond to what they might say-whether it be negative, positive or an action of affection???? I am confused too but prehaps you help me with your expereinces.
    Emotion 87.

Well I wish i could help you but since we're in the same boat then we need others for advice!

hey.... of all the words that haunt people the worst are "what if,..."
    hey richardli and emotion87 its great to hear that u guysleft that cocoon.

as for approaching girls....no girl is out of league...it is just a matter of liking somebody or not.....

just be a bit selectibve with ur choices and just dont pop the question even b4 they have a chance of knowing u.

be patient but yes dont let ur confidence down just becoz someone coudlnt see what a gr8 guy u r (i am presuming that u r!!)

so be patient keep persevering...hope that helped

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Yeah well there's always a limit to your patience, unfortunately.

get used to it. people have to learn to keep their head even after being rejected millions of times. at least you're trying. don't get discouraged. besides you're in high school for godsake. you have plenty of time and a world of opportunities before you...

The numbers man the numbers if you ask every girl you like out out of 100 theres bound to be at least a couple who like you and would like to give you a chance. Just try and think positively.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
    The numbers man the numbers if you ask every girl you like out out of 100 theres bound to be at least a couple who like you and would like to give you a chance. Just try and think positively.
    ......what if you are very picky about the girls you like and there's only a few left that you have yet to ask? What happens when you run out of girls you like?

Because I personally wouldn't be happy in just anyone. Am I wrong to think this way?
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRTiaL RaGe
    What happens when you run out of girls you like?
    Well...then you're doomed to grow and die a lonely old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Well...then you're doomed to grow and die a lonely old man.
    gee...thanks.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

......what if you are very picky about the girls you like and there's only a few left that you have yet to ask? What happens when you run out of girls you like?

Because I personally wouldn't be happy in just anyone. Am I wrong to think this way?
    Nah your not. I personally have to be majorly infatuated(in love) with the girl to even care.

Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    Maybe you've been asking out people out of your league?
    Interesting.....how do you know what league you belong in? ....thats a bit cocky sounding to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Or a bit degrading. In order to even put yourself in a league for a girl to be 'out of' means that you have a low amount of self-confidence.

Or a bit degrading. In order to even put yourself in a league for a girl to be 'out of' means that you have a low amount of self-confidence.
    Exactly.

P.S. I like your sig and avatar.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast