+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex boyfriend and his love for another girl

Ex boyfriend and his love for another girl

Me and my ex boyfriend split up three weeks ago, basically because our relationship wasn't working. We had way too many arguments and I had dumped him and taken him back too many times and he got fed up so he ended it. However, we are still good friends even though I am still in love with him, but he didn't feel the same about me anymore. I also found out a couple of days ago from him, that he is still in love with this girl who he had been in love with previously, before he went out with me. When we were together, they constantly texted and rang eachother and this was one of the main reasons for our arguments. Once he told me he loved her, I instantly felt upset. Not only because he loved someone else and not me, but because this girl is the sort of girl who leads men on and then drop them. She has a reputation for it as it happened before when my ex boyfriend loved her, and he got so hurt. I am so worried now, because he hangs round with her and her mates at school and when I look over him he looks so lost and so upset. I have told him that if it hurts him that much he should stop hanging around with her so much, but he said it also hurts if he doesn't see her so he has to. This is hard for me as it is possible that he was still in love with her while he was with me, but I'm not mad at him. All I care about is him not getting hurt by this girl. I want him to be happy, and hopefully they'll get together and be really happy! But I know that's not going to happen as once she finds out how my ex feels bout her she's going to lead him on and then drop him. Me and my mates know what she's like but we it's not a good idea to convince my ex as he might think we are being jealous and then he'll hate us for it. All we can do is wait and let him get hurt. But I don't want that to happen, I still love him deep down and I really don't want to see him hurt. I want to be there for him. What shall I do?

Thats a very difficult situation.

The only advice that I can really offer you is to just sit back on this one. I know that must be a nightmare for you to do, however it's all you can do. I think that if you care that much for him, then maybe you should get one of your friends to mention it to him about what shes like? It would be easier coming from your friend than from you.

I think its sweet that you still care for him alot though. Just be a good friend to him. One day he may actually wake up and realise he gave up a good relationship with you. Afterall, if she was the cause of your arguements, once your ex has woken up to what shes really like, then theres no reason why you guys couldn't try again?