+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl has a boyfriend but likes me. Suggestions needed.

Girl has a boyfriend but likes me. Suggestions needed.

Hello.

I am a 29 year old guy and i met a 20 year old girl this summer. We met in a nightclub. The first time we only got eye contact but it felt like it was something special. 2 weeks later we meet again in the same nightclub. We get eye contact again and she rushes up to me and kisses me on the cheek and walks away. Later that night we meet again and we start to talk. We exchanged Facebook. That night we decided to meet up again the night after at an event in another nightclub. She told me that she will be there with her boyfriend. So the night after we run into each other again at this nightclub and she was chasing me.

Even if she was supposed to have her boyfriend there. This was in August and we have been writing long letters to each other since then. She has been telling me that she feels this mysterious connection to me but that it is not love. She has explained to me that she has a boyfriend which she loves but she cant explain the connection to me. It is a magnetic connection.

She has now been writing me that she is seeing me in her dreams and that she needs this connection to me trough the letters we write to each other on Facebook since i am the only one in her life that understands her and her passions and interests.

I have been asking her out and also why she keeps writing that she thinks about me all the time, and she sees me in her dreams when she has a boyfriend. She says that she is confused and that she loves her boyfriend but likes me also.

She has been telling me that it gets worse everyday. That she thinks about me and every moment that she has free time she wants to write to me on Facebook.

I have never met such a girl whom i got this strong connection to from the first moment. We both share the same passions and have these deep conversations. She agrees with this and says that she has never felt this for anyone. I have been told from my friends and girlfriends that we are probably soulmates but we met at the wrong stages in life. She is for sure missing something from her boyfriend that i have and i have got the suggestion to keep this contact with her and not rush with anything.

She has this strong connection to me and we write long letters every week on Facebook. What suggestions do you have in this case?

I'd walk away. You are only going to end up hurt. She has a connection with you thats not love?

She is using you to get something that she isn't getting from her boyfriend. She most likely has no intention of ever dating you. Just wants something thats lacking else where, maybe you write nice letters and are flirting and she likes that?

But to me....

Sounds to me like she is just playing a game. You know the one where a group of girls get together and decide to play with some guy's head. They write sappy letters and this and that, and then see what they write back and how long they can string them along for. I've seen it played before.
    Last edited by aaron43; 29-12-12 at 02:25 AM.

left for me i will just walk away forever. There are all indications that the relationship won't last

What suggestions do you have in this case?
    Call her out on it. Tell her that when/if she breaks up with her boyfriend to give you a call, that its been fun but you're not going to play love letters with her anymore.. I say do this because if you keep up with this emotional affair that is going nowhere, you will be stagnating yourself from meeting someone who is free and most importantly WILLING to actually have something of substance with you.

forget about her, if by now she hasnt break up with the boyfriend says a lot of her. She migth do that to you if you ever enter in a relatinship with her. Walk away... There is no point of waisting your time with her, there are outthere thousands of girls waiting to meet a single guy...