+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it ever okay to ask a guy if he has lost interest in you?

Is it ever okay to ask a guy if he has lost interest in you?

I have been talking to a guy for a couple weeks now but these past few days he's been a little distant. He said he's working on some project but I have my doubts... maybe that's just because I'm insecure, I don't know. But is it okay to ask? I really like this guy but I don't want to waste my time. I don't want to seem desperate either though. How would I go about asking him? Btw this is the same guy I was talking about in my other thread...

sorry that your previous post got hijacked. Can completely understand you starting a new, fresh one.

Yes, you can ask. But you may not get an honest answer. My own approach would be to simply figure out if his behaviour was what I want in a partner. If it's not, then just move on.
    One positive: if you do decide to move on from a person who's not bothering with you, at least you don't have to have an awkward discussion about it. You just stop contacting them.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm sure this keeps happening to you, and you keep wondering why......He has lost interest because you are a desperate needy ninny.

- - - Updated - - -

He won't tell you, but his actions will. If it doesn't feel right, it's not.

As I said in your other thread which even though got hijacked there was still good advise given when addressing the knobs that began the side-tracking. This guy is long distance, he has financial restrictions and he is not contacting you about the date he set up with you.

YOU should stop talking to him and get back online so you can meet someone closer to you and who has the time to nurture a relationship with you.

You'd do well to block and delete him so he can't set you up as booty and only see you for that (when he pretends that he has an hour or two from his "project" to be with you.

There are red flags waving here and you should be dating savvy enough to get rid of men who are not attentive. There are plenty of them online, choose another one.

YOU LOSE INTEREST IN HIM and stop wondering if he has lost it in you. Also: quit framing him as the prize. Consider yourself the "prize" and if he's not showing you in actions that you are then that should be your clue to next him... particularly if you are meeting them on line.

- - - Updated - - -

DO NOT ask him just block and delete him. You should immediately lose interest in him if he's not showing you the interest that someone who is pursuing should be showing. It's that bloody simple. Stop being desperate. Get the book "He's Just Not That Into You" and start realizing that its their actions that show you they care... not their words without action.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion