+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Petty arguing early on in the relationship

Petty arguing early on in the relationship

I've been dating a girl for about 2 months now and I've already lost count of the number of times we've gotten into petty arguments that end up lasting into the next day. It escalates pretty bad sometimes. I've been told I had a shitty childhood because I play video games, I've been called anti-catholic, I've been called a communist. I've been told I would persecute Christians if given the chance all because I have differing religious views (I don't follow any religion). Yet somehow, she still chooses to stay with me. Needless to say, I have not been feeling it. We took a brief break and as soon as we got back into it, she swung back at me with another argument. I've tried breaking up with her, but she keeps clinging on telling me she can change her attitude and that I need to give it more time. But am I crazy to think that these are REALLY bad signs of things to come? Am I wrong to try and end this now before she gets even MORE attached to me? I'm not even trying to hurt her, I'm trying to do what feels right given what's happened. I've told her explicitly that I don't have the same feelings for her as I did a month ago, but she's insisting I wait it out. Any advice is appreciated

Its been ONLY TWO MONTHS and she's acting like this? Please, do yourself the biggest favor you could do and just get rid of her. Once you break it off. Do not respond to any of her attempts at hooverying you back for round three of her abuse and immaturity.

I don't even know you but I know you can do better then her and her particular brand of CRAZY.

Get out and don't let her talk you back in.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yep - she's bat shit crazy. She's promised change when you left before but she didn't change. Obviously she has no intention of changing. Get out of the relationship and cease all contact. Block her calls and social media.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Add number three to the list of people who think she's a nutter butter. She's one brick shy of a load. The wheel is turning, but the hamster's dead.

You had a crummy childhood because you played video games? That one alone is SOOOO mind-shatteringly stupid that I almost feel like she should be executed on the spot. How about, you had an AWESOME childhood because you play video games? Video games are awesome. I mean, unless you play excessively (which some people do) then I don't see what the heck is wrong with video games.

Sounds like there is A LOT wrong with her, though. Yeah, please, for the love of everything holy, DO NOT give her another chance. You are very right to want to end it. Two months, and already she's being a psycho. Two months and already the majority of your relationship is petty fights over stupid crap. People like her always SAY they are going to change, but they never actually do change. You deserve better. You are some stranger on the internet, and I can tell you that you deserve better.

I just wanted to add that this is NOT petty arguing. It's rude and judgemental. Petty arguments involve things such as how to put pegs on the clothesline.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Important distinction, basil, and I definitely agree. In this case, I think the topics of argument are petty. I think this woman sounds petty. I think Tom is Petty for being a Heart-breaker. (GIGGLE! See! See what I did there? LOL!)

But, yeah, she most definitely sounds unbelievably rude and judgmental if you ask me. People like that, frankly, have always been a pet peeve of mine. It's actually one of about a million reasons why my ex was SOOOOO wrong for me, and also one of a million things she hid about herself until much later in the relationship.

Is she Polish by any chance?
    (I'm about to post a thread with a similar situation)