+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She likes me but she's confused?

She likes me but she's confused?

Well, she and I are both from the same country and we are now studying at an university in London. Both of us are single, and she told me that she doesn't want to date this year, but there is a guy that she likes and is pursuing, and she is not sure if that guy likes her back or not. She knew that guy for some years and he said 'I love you' to her few years ago, but she rejected him since she was in a relationship.

We are taking the same course, and she initially contacted me and asked for my number first. These 1 and a half month we started to be very close together. We usually sit together during lesson, and date each other out 4 times a week after lesson time. Each date is perfect, and we are spending increasing amount of time with each other for each date (like we've spent 15 hours outside home for one date). We talk about everything and even our future, and she actively suggests to move into my student residential hall to live together. She comes to sight-seeing my student residential hall and she even comes into my room several times behind a closed door, but we haven't done anything.

These days she starts introducing me to her best buddies. One day I invited her to come to my flat to have dinner with me, she brought a red wine and shared it with me. And there was one time that she didn't respond to my text or to my call, I accidentally told her that I have done so many things for her and do not have any bad intentions behind (because she told me that she got hurt so badly for her previous dating experience and assumed that every guy's intention is impure). After hearing this she was happy, and further suggesting that we should go watch a movie together.

Yesterday night we went to a pub together, she told me that there is a guy she likes (they text each other for every waking minute, but they seldom go out) and she is pursuing him. She told me that if she and I want to develop a long-term relationship, I need to be frank with her. She then asked me if there is any girls I like currently, the first time I said 'no', and told her that she could not ask me anything because I tend to bury my personal feelings deep inside.

She then called the guy she likes to drive her back home. That guy seemed to know me so well, and when she saw him she hugged and kissed him (but she only called him 'friend'), but that guy seemed didn't want to do that with her. He then drove her and me together back to each other's home. After I dropping off from the car, I finally confessed to her that the only one that I love is her, her first reaction was happy, intense, but at the same time it seemed a lot was in her mind and she avoided my eye contact. She said (with a smile) that I was drunk, and my respond was, 'I am not easily got drunk, girl. The one that I love is you, think about it.'

After 2 hours she called me 3 times, but I was away so I missed her call. Later I called her back but she didn't pick up the phone, I then texted her that I was away and she did not reply.

My friend told me that I should wait for a while for she to make up her mind. To be honest, I love her. But after hearing that she doesn't want to date this year and she is not sure which country she will go after she graduates, I decide to follow the flow and not confess my true feeling, but staying with her to give her a good time. What should I do now?

I'd say just give it some time. Don't be pushy, if she needs to think it over, let her do so. The last thing you want is for her to think that she rushed into something.
    Honestly she may doing all these things to actually get you to confess, by making you jealous.

If she truly has feelings for you, a little time will not change that.
    Love is difficult, but we can make it easier to tackle by supporting each other.

http://emotionaid.org

I don't understand why she had to kissed a guy in front of you, i don't think she is a serious girl. Think about it.

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow

May be she's not a serious girl but she did call back 3 times. I think it is finished? I simply don't know what to do.

Perhaps she kissed the guy was actually getting me to confess? My gut feelings told me this at that time. I've already called her and texted her so I don't want to do anything at the current stage.

Yesterday night I talked with some friends in a meeting and a party after having quite a lot of Vodka and XO about my situation. Some of my friends advised me to leave her alone and if she doesn't call me or text me in the future then just cut off contact with her and move on, while there was a guy whose words caught my attention. He told me I need to take the initiative to text her back and actively construct a communication link with her again instead. He told me that I should confess to her again and make sure that there is no alcohol both in her hands and mine either this time, and ask her how much does she like me, because a genuine relationship is based on a lot of communication and mutual trust. He didn't think that the girl I like was trying to make me confess by kissing a guy in front of me, and wish me luck. So today I actively text her, and she responds me within 5 seconds with 2 long sentences by telling me what she was doing. It sounds like she's waiting for me to talk to her again. I don't know what she thinks and I'm not optimistic but I decide to follow my feelings and act. It is because she has told me she's not sure if the guy she likes would like her back or not, and the guy also told her that he thinks she likes me more, and based on her complicated emotional and facial response when I confessed to her on that night, I decide to go back to her. Even it is an end I'd have no regret.

You only live once, go for it. At least you would know rather than to ponder around til she leaves.