+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A shy guy and an even more shy girl. Does it work?

A shy guy and an even more shy girl. Does it work?

Hello,

I just joined the boards out desperation. I hope you guys can give me advice because I don't know what to do.

I have always been the shy guy and probably always will be one. But i am no nerd . I am usually nervous when talking with girls and as a result all my friends are guys. In middle school I liked a girl for 2.5 years straight. My friends eventually told her that I liked her and after that she never really talked to me.

Now 2 years later I don't want the same thing to happen.

I have moved on since then but now I like a different girl (We are juniors in high school.) She is a really shy girl and alot of times I see her by herself. She isnt bad looking and I don't know why I like her. I feel really bad for her though and I want to talk with her. The problem is she is in only one of my classes being Physics. She sits on the opposite side of the room because it is in alphabet order. There really isnt that much time to talk with her because she is right by the door so she quickly hurries out of the class when the bell rings. We have spoken before but that was before I have really become attracted to her. I think she might like me because it seems like she keeps looking in my direction. I don't know if it is a coincident or not. I noticed that she is in my lunch period though but it would be awkward to walk up to just sit with her.

I am too shy to do anything and she is too. I know I have to make a move to get anything started but I don't know if I can, just finding time to talk to her is hard enough.

The strange thing is that my mom knows her mom. Its just an awkward situation I don't know what to do. This is an act of desperation because I just feel "love sick" or depressed because I know nothing good will happen if I don't do anything.

Does it work for a shy guy like me and an even more shy girl?

Thanks for your support.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only way anything at all will happen is if you step outside your comfort zone and take a risk. No risk, no gain.

Why don't you ask her if she wants to get together and study sometime. You could meet her in the coffee shop of a bookstore.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah I suppose I could do that eventually.

Would a phone call be a good way to start? I could ask her a question about what the asignment was in physics and extend the conversation from there. Or is it better to start in person. Remember I just need to talk to her and get to know her first, and take it slow.

My plan is to say hi to her the next day after the phone call. I also found out I have a Physics project that up to two people can do. The first one she worked alone so maybe I could try and do that. Are these ideas worthwhile?

I appreciate it.