+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myspace for meeting people

Myspace for meeting people

What do you guys/gals think of myspace as a place to meet poeple?

I think myspace is only useful for sending messages to people you already know in real life. I like that I can see a message was read when I send one to a friend (unlike email). I don't think myspace holds much value as a place to meet new people. Or does it?

AgentWinter - First off you can with certain e-mail clients make it so you can know when they received the e-mail and read it. Secondly I agree MySpace is useful to send messages to people you know in real life that have a profile on it. But as far as meeting new people thru MySpace I prefer to meet people in the real world thank you very much.

My cousin and one of my friends both met their boyfriends on MySpace.

Ask David12 how that works.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    AgentWinter - First off you can with certain e-mail clients make it so you can know when they received the e-mail and read it. Secondly I agree MySpace is useful to send messages to people you know in real life that have a profile on it. But as far as meeting new people thru MySpace I prefer to meet people in the real world thank you very much.

That is slightly stalker-ish.

Oi! Add me on MySpace!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    AgentWinter - First off you can with certain e-mail clients make it so you can know when they received the e-mail and read it.
    That's realllly hit or miss, the other person on the other end has to be using a email client that supports read receipts, and even then the other person can decline to send a read receipt, so if you do get one it's because they chose to let you know they read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ves View Post
    My cousin and one of my friends both met their boyfriends on MySpace.
    Did they find each other by looking at their real-life friends friendlists? Like meeting a friend of a real-life friend through myspace? Or did they find each other with the browse feature, randomly? If they met a friend-of-a-friend on myspace, then it's got a real-life connection in there...?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, myspace is a great place to meet new people.

I used to think it was bullshit, but one of my best friends actually took a trip out to Asia (by himself) and messaged a bunch of people in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan.

He just searched for people in the area and they actually met with him and he got to party hard by himself with some new friends ... from Myspace!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Yah, I've met girls online before.

My take on meeting girls online is that there has to be some MAJOR flaw with them. For me... I'm only looking for some play when I use online methods of meeting women...

I've found most women online to be far to needy for me.

If you're a decent looking women and not socially inept, you should be able to meet a guy in the real world.

Meeting friends online is fine, but online dating seems to cause no end of trouble for most people.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Actually, myspace is a great place to meet new people.

I used to think it was bullshit, but one of my best friends actually took a trip out to Asia (by himself) and messaged a bunch of people in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan.

He just searched for people in the area and they actually met with him and he got to party hard by himself with some new friends ... from Myspace!
    I wasn't really thinking about finding party buddies. More like meeting quality friends. It seems like myspace is mainly for meeting party friends.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well ... he was in another country on vacation. I don't think he was in the mood to just sip tea all day long.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by AgentWinter View Post
    That's realllly hit or miss, the other person on the other end has to be using a email client that supports read receipts, and even then the other person can decline to send a read receipt, so if you do get one it's because they chose to let you know they read it.
    Yes it is a hit or miss, but I was just pointing out that it is there as you said it did not exist for e-mails, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    That is slightly stalker-ish.
    Such e-mail features tend to be used in business usages, and not personal ones. But you don't find it to be stakerish with such a thing on MySpace?

Nah, I made a myspace cause I was bored one day.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I made a myspace page because one of my team mates kept haggling me to use it as a means to stay in contact with them.

With 20 friends, all of people who I've met in person, I'd say I've done a good job at sticking to why I made it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast