+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting people

Meeting people

Im out of school now working with people twice my age for the majority of the day. I would really like to meet some new people around my area, but I have no idea what to do.

I'll say I'm pretty average looking with a good face. m not really a "bad boy" but I dig the counterculture quite a bit. I try to dress well and I act pretty mature, I am 22 by the way.

What are some good ways to meet new people? A lot of my old friends have moved away or stayed up at school, but id like to make some new ones in my area.

Id really like to meet some girls, not for the sex, to be honest its a whole lot more fun when both people are really into each other.

For example, I saw a girl at the super market the other day working as a cashier. She kind of flirted with me for a little bit. Would it be wrong of me to ask her when she gets off, or for her phone number so I can call her?

Any tips on meeting people, especially girls, would be awesome.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

It wouldn't be wrong, no. Once you're out of school you meet people where you meet them. If you notice an attractive girl at the supermarket, talk to her.. get her number.

Tedel Guest
    Maybe he's asking because it's not that simple for him. My suggestion? Get some familiarity. If you like the girl in the supermarket, go buy something and pay with her again.

There, you may ask:

"Hey, what time do you sign out?"
    "At (whatever), why?"
    "I was just curious." smile and leave. If she's interested, she'll make the next step.

It's something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256 View Post
    Any tips on meeting people, especially girls, would be awesome.
    turn off your computer, get outside and do something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Im out of school now working with people twice my age for the majority of the day. I would really like to meet some new people around my area, but I have no idea what to do.
    Sounds familiar. How I dealt with this:
    1. Do something you always wanted to do or that you really enjoy. Karate, painting, soccer, yoga whatever... In your case it would be best to choose something where you know there will be a lot of people. For example: soccer. There you will meet people. And these people know other people. And they in turn know lots of other people etc.
    2. Expand your interests. This means find out what else you like to do and get out there and do that as well. Don't focus on one thing alone.

If you follow these steps you will a) meet new people, b) start to feel good and confident about yourself and c) you won't have that much time to think about meeting people because you're too busy working and enjoying life.

People around you will notice this change within you and will want to be around you. This means your social network will expand. Then it won't be too hard for you to 'meet' girls. Hope this works out for you!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get a box of XXL Magnum condoms and have the cashier ring them up for you.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Get a box of XXL Magnum condoms and have the cashier ring them up for you.
    LOL that was great!

Tedel Guest
    Another option, go practise to a bar.