+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm... your thoughts on what my ex said?

Hmmm... your thoughts on what my ex said?

After not talking for a week and half, my ex comes onto msn and says to me the following:

"hey (I removed my name for privacy purposes), i know you need your space but i just really wanna tell you how much i miss you and how much i value you as a friend. i know im hard to manage and ****ing insane, i seriously am a ****tard but i just want your friendship back. you are the only one i can seriously talk to, and im not just saying that. ive realised that i always think about what advice youd give me, and i really appreciated when you listened to me and helped me out. If you need me im always here as a friend"

Now I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm pretty much over her. I know it doesn't indicate any intention of wanting to get back together, but my friend suggested it. I wouldn't be totally opposed to the fact, but I don't think it is likely, as 'friend' is mentioned quite a lot. I'd just like to hear what you think about what she has said...

i think she just misses your company, which is totally understandable. She misses the way you understood her and she probably thinks she wont find anyone else who will understand her the way you did. If you are over her,and dont want to give her the wrong idea i would say you should tell her you dont think its a good idea that you two got back in contact. But, if you do want to be friends with her make sure you make it 100% clear that it is ONLY friends.

Today 08:57 PM
    Ashbee i think she just misses your company, which is totally understandable. She misses the way you understood her and she probably thinks she wont find anyone else who will understand her the way you did. If you are over her,and dont want to give her the wrong idea i would say you should tell her you dont think its a good idea that you two got back in contact. But, if you do want to be friends with her make sure you make it 100% clear that it is ONLY friends.
    Just so you know... she broke up with ME.

I for one cannot be friends with an ex

So I would tell her no
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say, you can be friends, but keep your distance. Usually this type of "I wanna be friends" talk right after a break up means they're regretting the decision and want to take another stab at it. I think you really need to figure out if you're willing to wander back into that territory. If she really IS the insane ****tard she admits to being, I would want to stay away from that, definitely in a relationship sense.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'll provide a little more background story. She broke up with me about a month ago. She had made it clear that she didn't want to get back together. About a week and and a half ago, I stopped talking to her. I ignored her, blocked her, then unblocked her. For every one of those days that we weren't in contact she'd ask a mutual friend if I was online, if I'd said anything about her etc etc.

You played the game unintentionally very well.
    If you want her back, I think you could have her again, but try to do something 'new' too.

The way she wrote it, my current GF left me, if I wrote something like that to her, I'd really be saying that I wanted her back.

But then again Volka, the "as a friend" part at the end of what she said may be inferring a lot...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exes are potential roadblocks for new girlfriends. If you want her back, play her game. If not, tell her to forget about it.

I don't get what her game is.

She definitely misses you. I would keep my distance personally, an ex is an ex for a reason. You have moved on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted12 View Post
    I don't get what her game is.
    I think she sounds incredibly selfish and insecure. She broke up with you, yet she seems to be irked that you have moved on, hence the needy "be my friend again" message and the digging for dirt about you.

I say keep her blocked for now. If she wants you back, she should just come right out and say it, but it sounds more like she wants to see what kind of hoops you'll jump through for her. Perhaps she wants you back, perhaps not, but either way it seems like she can't let you move on without trying to insert herself back in your life in someway. That seems very disrespectful to me.

You don't owe her a friendship. You're exes.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Are any of your other friends your X's? Do you know any friends who are friends with their X's? Do you know ANYone who is friends with their X's?

If the answer to any of the above is "Yes" them maybe there's a chance because you live in Bizzaro world. In the real world, an X isn't a friend.
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

Well I'm not completely over her. I want her to think I am. But memories of her still plague my heart. I'd take her back, if she wanted to come back, but I just don't think that is going to happen.

Vashti, I don't know what her game is. I've been playing my game. I've gotten her to miss me, but I don't know how to make it anymore than that.

I don't really see a point in a friendship with her. If anything, it is insulting. I'm good enough to be a friend, but not a boyfriend? It's ridiculous. I'd give her everything in a relationship, but I'm not prepared to give her anything in a friendship.

Anymore input?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast