+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opinions Needed Thanks :)

Opinions Needed Thanks :)

I and the ex split 3 months back and because of some harsh things I'd said to him. He cut me off and totally out of his life...even my apology went ignored.

Fast forward two months later and I recieve a call from a witheld number and it was him. Said he'd been thinking about me and wondered how I was and I was hoping to hear he had missed me, wanted us to get back together...but no mention of reconciling.

Anyway and since then, he's called three times and I'm kinda unsure why he's calling, when it's obvious he doesnt want me back. Also during these calls, he has a habit of belittling me.....of saying hurtful things in regard to my looks, my life, my home, accuses me of still sleeping with my ex... and then he mentions some woman in my hometown who he chats to on a dating site, that hed like to meet and bed! Needless to say and after his recent phone call, Id told him not to call me anymore and I'd hung on up him. Then he calls back and says hes joking and merely winding me up....but I dont view jokes at my expense, as being funny. He can be really nasty and say some hurtful things. It's like he's trying to bring down my self esteem and hurt me and Im unsure why? If Im that bad, why even call at all?
    Almost like hes trying to get me jealous by mentioning this other woman.....but why try to make me jealous, when he doesnt care about me?

Just wondering what his motive may be in keeping me around, because despite his hurtful remarks, he also doesnt seem to want to let me go.....because he always calls immediatley back if I hang up on him. I was thinking 'fallback girl'.....but you sweetalk the 'fallback girl' you dont belittle her and mention other women.

Ever heard about a restraining order?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The cops would have a long way to go to serve one of those.....he lives 2 hours away from me :| I was kinda more looking for imput, on how the guy may be ticking over, ie: why this kind of behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by xjadedx View Post
    The cops would have a long way to go to serve one of those.....he lives 2 hours away from me :| I was kinda more looking for imput, on how the guy may be ticking over, ie: why this kind of behaviour.
    Hard to tell, I am not a mindreader.

A few guesses:

He's projecting his hurt and pain?
    He's being an ass?
    He's trying to emotionaly terrorize you?

I'd block his number and if you can't do that, next time he calls the moment you know it's him, hang up.

I wouldn't go into mindgames with him. It's obvious he's up to no good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought maybe the 'fallback girl'. But to keep one as the 'fallback', you dont belittle them or mention other women....you sweetalk and make empty promises to keep them haning on. As for projecting hurt, well hes never mentioned the argument or the things that were said and when he called, he acted like an argument had never taken place....he jst tried to call me ten minutes ago, but I missed the call.

maybe he doesnt want to think of u as having moved on?
    it just sounds like ur better off w/o him so u should do that.

It sounds like you two are very young. I remember doing something kinda similar to a girl when I was a Teenager. He is doing it because he still has feelings for you but is still VERY angry about whatever happened. Hes trying to belittle you to get a rise out of you and to make you feel as worthless as he did.

You sound confused as hell and I don't recommend talking to him again unless you guys can do it as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    It sounds like you two are very young. I remember doing something kinda similar to a girl when I was a Teenager. He is doing it because he still has feelings for you but is still VERY angry about whatever happened. Hes trying to belittle you to get a rise out of you and to make you feel as worthless as he did.

You sound confused as hell and I don't recommend talking to him again unless you guys can do it as adults.
    Believe it or not, we are both in our early 30's!!!! lol

go away teenloverone
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching