+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend's ex is gonna stay over at hers...

Girlfriend's ex is gonna stay over at hers...

I'm normally not the jealous type. Not without reason. It's her ex. I know they haven't seen each other for like absolute ages... because her ex moved away. Now ex is coming back and is gonna stay over at hers. Her ex has a girlfriend.

My girlfriend knows I'm jealous and really upset about this idea. She keeps reassuring me nothing's gonna happen. That they're just really good friends. She said she fancied her ex like... weeks ago. But she said she's gonna stay with me because she loves me.

She had liked other people and broke up with me before. Time and time again she used to say she's never gonna leave me yet she did...

Now I need advice, people. Help me over come this jealousy thing. Please.... it's tearing me apart. Guys, I wouldn't come here if I'm not desperate. I trust my girlfriend she wouldn't do anything but STILL!! It's so frustrating... I don't wanna be jealous. But after a couple of times knowing she likes someone and it almost tear us apart... it's just... scary.

I love her, people. I'm not gonna loose her just because I'm jealous. I need help with this stupid jealousy thing. I wanna trust her and try and get my hopes know saying nothing's gonna happen and you're just making a big deal out of nothing......... Please.... help...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's completely trying to sell you some big BS. In normal relationship something like this would be a dealbreaker.Seriously. Tell her you disagree and if she starts her excuses, you know what you should do...
    I wazzzz here

bro common she is telling u alot of excuses and when a girl starts with the excuses most of the time those a lies..
    you arnt jelous for no reason. that wont be tolerated in any relationship.. i know u love her and u dont want to loose her but its better to get hurt sooner then later. when it gets too late then u get too attached and it will hurt much moree...

She said she fancied her ex like... weeks ago...
    She had liked other people and broke up with me before. Time and time again she used to say she's never gonna leave me yet she did...
    This ^^^^ is why you'd be wise and to not trust a word she says.

I trust my girlfriend she wouldn't do anything but STILL!! ....
    So why is this time around, any different to the other times she told you that you could trust her....and she broke your trust?

Nothing to do with your being jealous....this slapper has given you and continues to give you 'every' reason under the sun not to be able to trust her.

This is a double edged sword scenario I'd not wish on anyone...
    Do you know how many stupidly naive women there are out there (as there are men, of course) ???

See, out of all the excuses I've read on here:
    -If you were really confident about your relationship you would trust her...
    -She is obviously going to cheat on you because there is no reason for a girl to see her ex, much less having that ex stay the night!!!
    -If a man can't deal with the fact that his girl is going to be around other men: even exes then they aren't a man enough to deal with my situation!

The situation isn't so clear cut Black and White.
    I personally have an ex I made the mistake of trying to befriend because I was dumb like that to want to help her out with her issues by
    proving some support...She eventually told me that she is LIVING with her ex. She asked me, "How come I'm almost 26 and I don't have a man?" Exactly.

She didn't understand why her living with her ex was a deal breaker for the guys she had met? (Statement -#3 was hers)

The fact of the matter is: IF you love her: then you will have no choice but to deal with this situation.
    She could have changed her mind. This situation is a red flag, not because of the facts involved, but that
    I have to question HOW this all came about?

Is she the only one he can spend the night with?
    What do her parents/guardian have to say about it?
    Where is he going to sleep? Why can he not stay at a hotel or a friend's house?
    Did she offer? How close are they?

All of these need answering for me to make an informed observation.

A woman will tell you "I love you" and that they will even say, "I will be with you forever."
    BUT you didn't read the fine print which clearly states:

When I said I love you and will be with you forever I meant it: AT THE TIME!
    Get it? Things change.
    And she sounds like a liar.

You know the ole George Bush saying right?
    Fool me once...shame on uh you
    Fool me twice...sha---me on me.

It's your fault for allowing this bullshit.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would say hell no and mean it period. If he stays with you I go. I'm not discussing this. The decision is yours.

I'm willing to bet that she will choose the ex.

I didn't read the thread. Don't think I really needed to.

Tell her if he stays there you're out. What a cow.

Stop wasting your time, she's done this to you several times before and here you are asking for advice..................why, I don't know. Apparently you don't learn from your mistakes. I'd dump her for even having the audacity to consider such foolishness.

Absolutely NO NO NO NO NO, this is a dealbreaker.. she's shown you her pattern of inconsistencies.
    Honestly, time to move on...
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

WHAT THE F***

HELL NO.

Give yourself some self respect and say "him or me" peace.

Guys, I think I didn't make a point clear... Her ex is just staying over for one night. Dunno if that makes any difference but, yeah.
    I'm hoping this one night thing will be fine with me. She promised nothing's gonna happen. So far, as far as I know, she hasn't cheated on me or anything...

I'm just upset... I wanna overcome this jealousy. It's just one night... *sigh*... And not knowing her ex's personality doesn't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic106 View Post
    Guys, I think I didn't make a point clear... Her ex is just staying over for one night. Dunno if that makes any difference but, yeah.
    I'm hoping this one night thing will be fine with me. She promised nothing's gonna happen. So far, as far as I know, she hasn't cheated on me or anything...

I'm just upset... I wanna overcome this jealousy. It's just one night... *sigh*... And not knowing her ex's personality doesn't help...
    Look, dude IF nothing is truly going to happen a little Zach Morris subterfuge is in order.
    See, I will tell you a secret in HOW she is lying to you (or not) ...

IF he is only staying for one night...and her parents know about this: here is what to do: (here is what I would have done back in the day) bare with me lol

(1st) Find out if they will be completely alone? OR there will be someone present.
    (2nd) Fine out where he is going to sleep: if it is her room: You're nucking futs dude.

(3) Call ahead of time: (and use whatever excuse you can) like; your parents kicked you out of the house and you had nowhere to go...
    Just to see what she says...Or Come over unannounced to take her out...If he is "just" spending the night then there is no reason for her to be there.

I guarantee you she'd explode with anger for interrupting her alone time with her ex: which tells me you're a sucker.
    I mean if he is just spending the night: fight fire with fire, don't be a punk and go down with a wimper, know what I mean?

If you come over: unannounced to hang out: and she tells you to go home: she is ****ing him 2nite bro...
    Women are able to keep life long secrets from their men.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Makes 0 difference to me. Hell no, not a chance in hell the douche can buy a hotel room. And it wouldn't be up for discussion. It's one night where they gonna get freaky, freaky deeky.

yeah she wants to f him. otherwise she would have suggested that you can be there at the same time. you should suggest staying there too and if she says no, then drop her like a bag of rocks! or go over there and give him a knuckle sandwich, i mean come on he deserves it he has to know she is with you and if i did that to someone i would expect a punch in the face.
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

Doormat...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.