+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind of a complicated situation.

Kind of a complicated situation.

So I really need an advice. 3 months ago I started dating a guy and w had some problems, at the end he just dissapeared and didnt answer at my message ( I sent him just one message where I asked him what the **** was going on ). He didnt reply. After 2 weeks we met again at a holiday, because we have mutual friends. He behaved very bad, made bad jokes etc. Then he started drinking alot and started to flirt with me. I was like hell no, go away! Second day when we were sober, he behaved badly again. After that he called one time at night and I dindt answer. One week ago we met again in our friends group ( how I said, we have mutual friends ) and I wasnt sure he was going to be there, I actually thought that when he knew I was coming, he wouldnt want to come. but then my friend said that he was the one that insisted on me coming. That night I was cold again and he made jokes, tried to touch me "accidentally " and flirted alot. I ignored him all night. Yesterday I went out with my best friend and we were having fun, then a friend called and said that was coming with a few friends ( including him ). I was like wtf? They came and he started to flirt again, then sat next to me and was touching my hand stuff like that. then started to give me reasons why he didnt reply to that message, that he didnt understand why I was being so cold. Our friends were looking in his telephone and he still had a picture of us, and I asked why he didnt delete it and he said "why would I do that? " Then our friends asked me if I had a boyfriend and I said no, and he smiled. I ignored him yesterday again, I'm just really afarid to be played again. After awhile he left with few friends and he seemed kind of upset when he looked at me. I only see him in this our "ridiculous meetings " D because he doesnt try to call to talk or something like that. I still hav feelings for him and everytime I try to get over him, these meetings happen and all comes back. Is exausting. Why should I do? Or what shouldnt I? is just all so confusing.

What were the problems? How old are you two? How long have you known each other? Were you two FWB?

Sounds like he's a game player, and you didn't play his game... which is confusing him.

You're a straight-shooter, he's not. His loss.

Why do you have feelings for someone who frequently exhibits bad behaviour?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

smackie9 He became not insterested in me anymore, said I wasn't the girl he expected. Actually he didn't say that, just made me realise it. We are both 18 and we have known eachother for half a year now, a few months he tried to get me out on a date with him and I accepted and kind of liked him. And no, we weren't fwb, we've actually dated for awhile
    HeartIsAching Is confusing to me too, because I want to move on, but can't since he's everywhere now
    basilandthyme I actually have feelings for the person he used to be, now I feel like I kind of hate and like him at the same time.

Frankie, you must keep reminding yourself that 'who he used to be' was probably him on his best behaviour. The behaviour he's now showing is Who He Is Now and this is the reality of him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hes immature and an asshole-forget him

Ask him for an explanation about his strange behaviour, and tell him you are not going to allow any sort of games like these.
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

You said he gave you excuses why he didn't return your text/calls. What were those excuses? Were his "reasons" plausible or ridiculousty lame?

Anyway, instead of playing his game and appearing as if you enjoy his attention. Why not just tell him that you're not interested or that you are interested but only if he treats you with respect. Then see what happens, but you need to know what you actually want from him, if anything before you have your conversation.

He gave me a stupid excuse, something like I just didn't see the message and was too late to reply. I think he just wanted to get away from me. Let's say we had a short, but complicated relationship. And I already told him that I'm not interested in him anymore and stopped caring about him when he left me ( even if is not true ) and I think he believed me. I don't know what's in his head, but I know what's in mine and I started to miss him again. Of course I would want a serious relationghip, but I think he doesn't know how to have one.

You "think" he believed you? I don't, if he did then he wouldn't keep trying to be with you if he knew without a doubt that you were off him. I think he suspects that you miss him and he's trying to break you down for one more chance. So best make it perfectly clear when he's sending all that attention your way that he should cut it out or, outright ask him what he wants with you and see what he has to say. Communcation!

Yes, we don't comunicate very much. And the only way to comunicate with him would be when we "meet" with friends, and when he's with his friends he's not serious. But I will try to talk to him. Thank you for the advice.

It's not complicated at all. He's an a$$hole, and you should cut him out of your life. Tell your friends you're not going if he's going to be there. Block his damn number. Move on with your life. He doesn't respect you. He views you as the hand-towel he can use when he washes his hands.

Communication.... If you don't stand up for yourself (because you still kinda like him), he will obviously think his behavior is ok. I have a feeling he is acting out, out of insecurity maybe (who knows), or worried about how you now feel about him, for whatever reason. It's just best to clear the air as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Communication.... If you don't stand up for yourself (because you still kinda like him), he will obviously think his behavior is ok. I have a feeling he is acting out, out of insecurity maybe (who knows), or worried about how you now feel about him, for whatever reason. It's just best to clear the air as they say.
    But why would she want to surround herself with that, especially if he doesn't take the hint?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast