+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i just wasting my time?

Am i just wasting my time?

Needing some advice on my situation,
    I have been with my BOYFRIEND for nearly five yrs now and get on really well,but he cant show me any affection or even say he loves me after all this time,he says he doesn t use the love word. He says doesn t want commitment but likes spending time with me ,I stay at his house four nights a week and the other three nights I spend with my housebound mother which is very difficult as one bedroom and lots of problems there, she has carers three times day and the rest is down to me on my own I cant always cope, he has also been quite good helping me with my mum.
    He can be such a kind person but he is very set in his ways and I dont think he will every change,he is a very young 61yr old and I am 54, we have such a nice time together and never argue,but the problem can be he changes moods very quickly and can just pick on me suddenly,
    this weekend had a nice weekend and suddenly snapped as I had left a jumper on the breakfast bar whilst washing up before going to bed,he snapped and said he has to always clear up after me as leave doors open and my phone charger in the socket,such stupid issues,and to be hounest I am very aware of how I leave things as I know he can be so fussy, the house is no show house think he has ocd ? I got so upset mainly because such a stupid thing he picked me up on, when there its like treading on egg shells all the time.It is such an escape going there at weekends as at my mums I find it very difficult and I am no good as a carer?Was to late to go home so I stayed the night I was very upset and angry, and next morning we didnt speak I just packed most of my things and went home , I just said I was going and he hugged me,THINK HE THOUGH I WOULD BE BACK. now hasnt even texted me or contacted me? I didn t contact him as feel very mad in how he has treated me.
    I just feel like I amwasting my time, and now don t know what to do,as he wont change but after 5yrsit is very difficult to break away? and still love him really.: Think he is just conplaceant with me now after this time, cant even say I look nice anymore and doesnt need to try , I am very easy going and go along with anything he wants to do but he finds it hard to do anything I want? a bit controlling I can only describe it as?PLEASE HELP?
    Last edited by ruffles777; 27-02-13 at 05:27 AM.

Hello ruffles, I think you should show him that your not appreciating the way he's treating you. A relationship is a two way street, and he needs to compromise. It sounds like he's not thinking about your feelings at all. Stop being so easy going and start doing things together that you want to do.

Yes, you're wasting your time. Why the hell would you put up with being treated like a doormat?