+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seems like my girlfriend is starting to take more interest in my best friend than me

JLC is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Seems like my girlfriend is starting to take more interest in my best friend than me

I'll just give a brief background of myself before anything else, I'm a wimpy 24 year old dude with some anxiety and social problems.

I have pretty bad trust issues, everyone I deem important knows that, all stemmed from a pretty bad childhood yadayadayada. But that's not the point. My girlfriend of 2 years whose helped me with my anxiety and social problems (I've met a bunch more people now and made more friends now thanks to her), seems to like my best friend a lot more than me. I don't blame her, i'm really awkward not really good looking, kinda wimpy, people say i'm pretty funny so guess i have that going for me. Meanwhile my best friend has the looks the body and she just overall seems so much more comfortable with him.

I've observed how she acts around me and she always acts kind of reserved and somewhat uncomfortable yeah sure she flirts with me but i get the feeling shes only doing that because she thinks that i think that she still likes me, but the way she acts around my friend though, shes so relaxed, not tense like when shes with me, she laughs at all his jokes and its not just a giggle like she does when i crack a joke she like goes all out laughing out loud and stuff, in fact shes also really flirtatious with him as well.

About a month ago I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to go out sometime the next Saturday but she said she had other plans, I decided that it was okay with me and that we'd reschedule. I had to do some grocery shopping that weekend so i stopped by the mall to go check some things off my list and then lo and behold I saw her having coffee with my friend. At first I wasn't too bothered by it but i'm an avid overthinker and I may just have blew it out of proportion in my mind.

Now I don't wanna be possessive or anything so I don't wanna tell her that I don't like it when she hangs out with him, but then again i wouldn't really be speaking my mind now would I? I've talked to my friend about everything and he says he's kind of developing feelings for her and that he's really sorry, I forgave him since we've been through thick and thin ever since elementary.

I've been thinking of breaking up with her for nearly a week now, and just giving my full support to her and my best friend but I've also talked to a lot of other friends and I ended up with mixed advice. Some say that I should just put the final nail in the coffin and end it while others are saying that if I truly loved her I would fight for her.

Long story short i'm really confused about what I should do, on one side is my best friend whos been with me and dealt with all my bullshit for i think about 15 years now and on the other is the woman I've fallen in love with for the past 2 years.

Please help

She lied to you to spend a Saturday afternoon with him. If she really loved you, you wouldn't have to fight for her nor would she blow you off to be with him.

Yea... let her have him.

P.S. You're being very magnanimous with your male friend and his horning in on your territory. You may forgive him (because you really don't care that much for this girl) but you'd do well to tell him that what he did wasn't cool in any way shape or form. Her, well she's not worth your bother.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion