+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Work girl and GF

Work girl and GF

Hey guys/girls,

I have a little dilemma that I could use some advise on. To give you a quick backround, I had really fallen for this girl at work about four months back. She had (and still has) a BF that she says she is going to marry "one day". Anyway, at the time she knew I was into her and all she did was play games. It caused me a lot of pain. She got laid off for about a month but now she is back! In between the time she was let go, I started seeing someone. When she came back, I made it a point to let her know about the GF. The first thing out of her mouth was "Girlfriend, when did that happen?" This damn girl at work makes it so hard. She just has to make her little comments which irritate me when I'm trying to move on. Things like sending me an e-mail asking how I met this girl and what she looks like (to be fair, she did say she was "happy for me"), asking why I'm being so nice to her in a really sweet voice just because I took out the mail, acting concerned when she thinks I'm down, etc. The problem lies in that I was over this girl and obviously moved on but now I think I'm starting to get some feelings for her again and it angers me! I am so tempted to start asking her about her life again and I have to fight myself from doing it. I just wish they never brought her back! I just need some advise on how to forget about her?? Oh, and the girl I'm seeing knows about her but she is cool as long as I'm over her.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cut ties with the girl from work. Avoid her as much as possible and for christ's sake, don't talk to her online!

She's messing with your mind. Be happy and focus on your new girl more. This other girl sounds like trouble.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

She's no good. She's never been any good. She's never gonna be any good.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    She's no good. She's never been any good. She's never gonna be any good.
    Listen to Giga. She knows stuff.

Well, some more developments since my last post. The work girl knew my GF was going to be stopping by my job to go to lunch. The day my GF was coming, the work girl started asking all kinds of questions about her, almost to the point of being creepy. What time is see coming? I want to meet her. Where does she work? Did you buy her a Christmas present yet? Did she buy u one? etc... Well, the girl came and met her, along with the other girls at work. I asked work girl what she thought of her. Unlike the other girls that liked her, I get a "No Comment" from work girl. When I pressed for more, she says "Umm, she's nice..that's all that matters anyway" and "I'm not in the mood to be honest". She then asked more questions about what I thought of my GF's looks, even asking how she looks naked! I then made a BIG mistake and admitted to work girl that she is prettier than the GF. I've let the GF know the questions this girl has asked about her and, understandably, she doesn't like her too much. She noticed work girl rolled her eyes at her when they met. Since that time, work girl still asks questions about her. I've also noticed that she has been giving me more attention than before the GF. Asking how my lunch was, how my birthday was. I mentioned the interaction with work girl regarding the mail on my orig. post. Now, she is sending me e-mails offering to do my mail "as a Thank you " or "Just cause". I'm probably overreacting to it, but I think she does that as her way of flirting.

Do you guys think she is jealous of the GF? Is she trying to give the extra attention as a way to compete with her? The thing that I just don't get is that she has a serious BF! Why is she like this?

Stick with your gf. The work girl doesn't like you. The only reason why she's acting like this is because you were all over her, but now you're with this other girl. Thus, once you were hers, but not anymore. The work girl feels that she lost you because some other gal stole u away from her. Due to every human being's competitive nature, the work gal wants u baq. And once she does, u'll be no longer needed, for she had proven herself to be victorious.

As a side note, lets say the work girl really likes you. Are things going to work out for you guys ? I doubt it. There's now 4 ppl in this relationship, work gal, work gal's bf, you, and your gf. Even if you broke up w/z ur gf for work gal, work gal still has her own bf to mess with. Are you able to share her w/z another man ? Even if she breaks up w/z her bf for u, would you guys be compatible. She bascially turned her back on her bf to be w/z u, that means she could turn her back on you one day to be with another man.

It's just not worth it. But, what do I know, you know them better than all of us here. Good luck
    There's no such thing as perfection because perfection itself is a flaw.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This work girl STILL sounds like trouble! I bet she will do her best to come inbetween your gf and you. Then, once your gf dumps you, she will loose interest. Why? Because she misses the attention and now that your taken, she isn't getting all that.

Cut ties with this girl at work. I know you still see her from time to time, but you don't need to be telling her your business. That girl is up to no good.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

This is why you never, never get involved to any degree with someone from work. Never.

Told you so.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks guys. You all seem to be pretty much coming to the same conclusion. The work girl is just doing it for attention...and I believe that is true. From the beginning, I know there was like no chance of her breaking up with the BF for me. I still have a hard time comprehending why she would be this way. I mean I have NEVER said anything bad about her BF nor have I asked the intrusive questions she does about the BF. Why couldn't she just say "She is nice and cute....Good Job!"? Maybe because she is a girl, I guess. Actually work girl and I are both Capricorns....LOL There would be no way I would dump my GF for her, as it stands now. It would be a complete waste as she wouldn't leave the BF for me....She gets what she wants and I am standing there "holding the bag." Now, if the GF breaks up with me beacuse of this, time will tell. I felt the GF had a right to know what this girl was saying about her but now that I see it upsets her, I try to limit my conversations about work girl. Now, the GF won't even call me at work for fear she will get work girl on the phone. I REALLY don't want this to cause problems with the GF because she is such a great person. She has so many great qualities. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and not let work girl's antics get to me. I do have the option of talking to mgmt. about her but I really don't want to go that route. She has many girlfriends at the job and it would turn out bad for me.....not to mention with our past history things wouldn't look good for me anyway. In a way, I kinda created a monster.

Just don't talk about her to your girl. This work girl is trying to ruin your life. Ignore her, she will move on someday. Be happy with your girlfriend and stop talking to work girl. No phone, chate (online or off) and don't hang or talk about her with your girlfriend. Problem solved.
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me